Hajj is a Pilgrimage to Makkah.
It is a journey required at least once in a lifetime for every able Muslim male and female contingent on a number of pre-requisites including physical and financial means & ability.
Hajj is a great spiritual journey. But what does it mean practically?
Essentially in a nutshell Hajj is,
- Being at certain places (in a specific order)
- At certain times (on specific dates)
- And performing certain specific acts of worship, rituals and rites
- Linguistically – Hajj means ‘Intent‘
- Legally – Hajj means Intending Makkah & Mashaair for specific rites during a specific time period in worship to Allah
- “My Hajj – Part 1 – Introduction”, By The Wahy Project, 2017
- “Getting the Best out of Al-Hajj (Pilgrimage)”, By Abu Muneer Ismail Davids, Published by Darussalam, Second Edition – August, 2006. 
- “Getting the Best out of Al-Hajj Seminar Notes”, By Abu Muneer Ismail Davids, Published by AMID Inspirations, November, 2015.