I am so very excited today to introduce ‘Quran Pages’
Just like Supplication Sheets, I have been wanting to publish clear, simple and extremely high quality extracts of the Quran for a while now. Just recently though (By the Grace of Allah Almighty), have found a way to create high quality reproductions of the Quran in both popular scripts – Uthmani and Indo/Pak (which is my personal favorite), which has enabled this project to progress, Alhamdulillah.
Each Quran Page document will be on one Surah (Chapter). My initial plan is to only work on Surah 1 (Al-Fatiha) and the Surah’s of Juz 30 (Amma), which will inshAllah be released incrementally.
As you may have noticed, a Quran Index page has also been created (which can be found in the top menu bar and right side column), where you can keep track of all the Quran Page documents.
But you may be asking yourself, how is Quran Pages different to other projects? Well, a number of features:
Quran Page documents will be released in two scripts:
- Indo/Pak script: Also referred to as Persian script
- Uthmani script: Uthmani quran text similar to Medina Mushaf.
Note: Though only the Indo/Pak script image will be shown on the actual online Page, pdf’s of both the scripts will be available for download, so please do check these out.
Accuracy of the Quran text is of the utmost importance and the number 1 priority. Quran Pages uses the following to ensure accuracy:
- Indo/Pak script: Created using the “Quran Publishing System” (QPS), which provides 100% ligature based error free text. This is the very same software that has been used to typeset a number of Quran books.
- Uthmani script: Taken straight from the King Fahd Glorious Quran Printing Complex. Even the font is exactly the same.
Each Quran Page document is on one Surah. One page will be the Arabic text, while the next page will be an English translation.
Quran Pages documents are designed to be,
- Simple: Minimalist & clean formatting to prevent distractions
- Scalable: As scanned images are not used to create documents, there is no fuzziness when you zoom in. Enjoy large crisp text
- High quality
- Portable: Perfect for viewing on your computer or on mobile devices like iPads/Tablets
The translation used (unless other specified) is:
- “The Holy Qur’an Part 30: ‘Amma with Modern English Translations (Fourth Edition)”.By Muhammad Shamsul Haque, Ph.D. Namuk International. 1993.
Though audio has not been embedded into the pdf files, it is provided on the corresponding online Page (where the Quran Pages document is published). A couple of points to note:
- Audio of the entire Surah is available to play directly from the online Page (but please note, this is created by joining the individual verse audio without any intermediary gaps)
- Audio of the entire Surah and individual verses is available to download from the online Page. (Metdata in the audio files have been correctly setup to allow smooth import into any audio player, eg iTunes)
Reference for the Audio is as follows:
- Mp3 files for Quran Pages are from Verse By Verse Quran
- Recitation by: Mishary Rashed Alafasy
The real advantage of Quran Pages is that you don’t need to be connected to the internet to view them. You can download all the documents and view them offline.
So I hope you enjoy. Stay tuned … the first Quran Page document is just around the corner.